Thank you for your interest in The Grand Race 5 this Memorial Day Weekend. We have tried to make the challenges a bit harder and we have really tried to incorporate the best that the Mount Snow Valley and beyond has to offer.
Please note that rules are subject to change before the race. When you check in on Friday
night you will receive the final rules, please
re-read. They may have changed!
Read your clues carefully
- Teams must consist of 2-4 people. Teams must have a team name and appoint a team captain.
No additional people allowed in your vehicle. 4 people means 4 people!
To accommodate families of 4 or more, we are allowing more than 4 people in the vehicle. Only
4 players can participate in challenges and any additional people travelling in the car will be marked by a wristband. Additional people in the car cannot drive and must leave and enter the car with the team players. Basically, additional people in a car cannot serve in any way to create an advantage over other teams with only 4 people in their car.
- All teams members must be present to sign in at every stop.
- Every team member must complete at least one challenge but not more than 4. No team member can complete two roadblocks in a row.
- All teams must have a digital camera.
- No sabotage. Teams will be eliminated at the organizers discretion if any form of
of sabotage occurs.
- All competitors must travel in one car to each stop unless otherwise specified.
- Teams will receive clues in form of a team challenge, detour, or roadblock. Some of these tasks will require one person to complete, others will require team effort. Some may require in depth knowledge, creative or athletic abilities.
- Teams may move ahead or fall behind based on choices made. There will be no yields or chances to stop another team.
- Each challenge will have to be completed in its entirety and accurately in order to receive the next clue which takes the team closer to the finish line. The Challenge attendants will confirm the challenge is completed and will hand over the next clue.
- Running is OK when appropriate, not indoors and in places of business. Some challenges may take place at local businesses, THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE THE PRIORITY, not The Grand Race or its participants. Wait your turn. Be Patient.
- -EXTREME CAUTION- NO TOLERANCE, NO EXCUSES. If you break any laws, if there are any complaints of reckless driving or other behaviors you will be eliminated. There are eyes and ears everywhere, we have made sure of it. SO OBEY THE LAW. WE WANT THIS TO BE FUN AND SAFE FOR ALL.
- The first full team to cross the Finish Line will win providing they have completed every challenge, roadblock and detour without breaking any rules or laws. Race officials will review and the winner will be announced at 7pm.
- Final finish order will be confirmed and winners will be announced at the BBQ/AWARDS, great raffles prizes, live music and swapping stories about the race.
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE
There may be natural and manmade delays or detours along the way.
Each clue will be delivered through an envelope handed to the team captain who will be identified with a
special color wristband.
Challenges will test the teams' ability to work together collaboratively, creatively, and accurately. Each member must contribute to the team. Team members not contributing might result in a time penalty at the end of the event.
Challenges will involve different kinds of abilities. Team members with musical, mathematical, linguistic, artistic, logical, visual, technological, and culinary talents will be extremely valuable in earning points for their team. Those with athletic abilities will be tested as well with some physical challenges.
A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. Teams must successfully complete one of the tasks described on the clue in order to start on their next clue.
A roadblock is a task which only one team member may perform.
Register you team today!
Find lodging packages.
Custom design your T-Shirts